What can a ThriveNV Patient Navigator do?
- Provide support to you and your family
- Help you schedule screening services
- Help you establish with a primary care physician.
- Someone you can call during your treatment and into survivorship to answer questions
- Identify and help you overcome barriers to screening and/or cancer treatment
- Educate you about your cancer diagnosis, explain/clarify medical terminology, help you understand standards of care, and who is part of your care team
- Identify questions you can ask your physician(s)
Reasons to contact a ThriveNV Patient Navigator
- You live in a community that does not have patient navigators
- You need help finding community resources
- You or your family needs someone to talk to about a cancer diagnosis
- You have limited family support
- You cancel medical appointments because of lack of resources (transportation, etc.)
- You or your familyneed help understanding the healthcare system
- You are a caregiver and need resources to help take care of yourself and your loved ones.
- You are worried about medical bills and want information about resources.
The ThriveNV team will update this section over the coming weeks. Stay tuned for more helpful links and information. If you have information that could be helpful to Nevada's ThriveNV Community, please reach out to a patient navigator with your suggestions. We welcome your input.