Join a Task Force
Nevada Cancer Coalition has the following task forces, developed to address the priorities set forth in the 2016-2020 Nevada Comprehensive Cancer Plan. Click to learn more.
- Increase the percentage of Nevadans up-to-date with breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening.
- Increase screening rates for lung cancer and promote skin checks for skin cancer.
- Increasing completion of the HPV vaccination series among Nevada youth.
- Decreasing adult and youth smoking/vaping; decreasing youth initiation of smoking/vaping; decreasing exposure to secondhand smoke. Details are outlined in the 2019 - 2023 Nevada Tobacco Control Plan.
- Reducing the percentage of youth and adults who are obese.
- Decreasing the average radon concentration in homes through testing and mitigation.
- Increasing UV safety policies in schools and educate about skin cancer prevention.
- Increase the number of educational opportunities on survivorship and palliative care for adults at nursing and medical schools within the state and for primary care providers, oncologists, and nurses.
- Increase the number of survivorship care programs for adults in Nevada.
- Identify opportunities to expand survivorship and palliative care to cancer patients and survivors in Nevada.